Updated: Jan 11
Starting the New Year is the perfect time to be introspective and reflect on the year that has passed. It is also the perfect time for a new start in every area in your life, from your mental, spiritual, physical, and emotional health.
We all could use a push sometimes, not only at the beginning of the year but throughout the year, as we are growing a bit more exhausted with life and the changes thereof. Here are some of my favorite quotes that have helped me. Write these down on sticky notes and post them anywhere in your home or type them into Canva, download it, and make it your screensaver for inspiration and motivation to ensure that this is your best year yet!
1. “It is not about what you are called, it is about what you answer to.”
People will talk about us until the day we die, but we do not have to answer to the mean things they may call us.
2. “So what if instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things one at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow.”
I read this one in my new Everygirl Planner I picked up from Target, and I thought it was perfect for starting the new year. Do not overwhelm yourself. Instead, take baby steps.
3. “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
Think about what you want and put actions behind your goals.
4. “Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
Sometimes, we must put effort into the things we desire to achieve in life.
5. “If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.”
Coach Soraya Russell
Coach Soraya is a weight loss specialist, and when she posted this, one day, it was truly convicting. The only way to get to where you want to be is to keep on keeping on until you get your desired results.
6. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”
Don’t beat yourself up if you do not do something the way that you thought you would. Your first try (or two) may be full of mistakes, but mistakes are how we learn.
7. “It is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.”
Queen Elizabeth II
You should not overwhelm yourself with huge changes. Instead, focus on a thing or two at a time. Small changes make a great difference!
8. “I have learned not to allow rejection to move me.”
We will hear “no” plenty of times in life, but do not let it deter you.
9. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.”
Consistent small steps are key to making this year a success.
10. “When someone tells me ‘No,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it. It simply means I can’t do it with them.”
Karen E. Quinones Miller
They say, “rejection is redirection.” Don’t allow a “no” to get you down. Instead, allow it to redirect you to where you are really supposed to be.
11. “Someday is not a day of the week.”
Instead of saying “someday,” put a date on when you want to begin working on something. You’ll be happy you did. You can even get a planner to help with that.
12. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
George Bernard Shaw
I absolutely adore this quote because I am sure that we will be a different version of ourselves by the end of this year than we are right now.
13. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.”
Sometimes, we overwhelm ourselves with trying to save the world, when in reality, one kind action to one person can change their entire world.
14. “What you know today can affect what you do tomorrow. But what you know today cannot affect what you did yesterday.”
Use your knowledge to help your future, but do not dwell on the mistakes of the past.
15. “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.”
1 Peter 5:6-7 (ESV)
Above all, God loves and cares for you and does not want you to spend this year stressing over what is to come. When anxiety starts to creep upon you, remember this scripture and cast your cares on Him.
Keep these quotes in mind as you navigate throughout this year. They will not only help keep you inspired and motivated, but they will help you to stay disciplined and steadfast in all that you do.
Interested in content like this? Make sure you are subscribed, so that you do not miss out on any future content!